27.11.08

Happy Thanks-giving!

many things to be thankful for, especially seeing Al Green live at the Wellmont Theater in Montclair, NJ. Not since James Brown have I seen such an electrifying performer. Green is a master - of- ceremonies/preacher/soul singer/dancer/conductor -- you have to love a guy who passes out red roses to the fans in between songs. The Wellmont is beautifully restored, and the sound is good if you sit in the balcony. I heard that the sound on the floor was off. Good we got the cheap seats.

another huge highlight of November was speaking at the Chabad Shluchim conference in Crown Heights. I was also treated to a post-talk dinner (thanks to my cuz Nissen and Necahama Dina!) and I brought one of the Chabad rabbis to the Birthright Israel monologues show at the Triad Theater in Manhattan. A cultural exchange...morningside heights meets crown heights?